Tuesday, September 10, 2013

I cut my teeth on wedding rings in the movies

There are things that I really enjoy about being single:
- having a whole bed to myself to stretch out
- not having anyone else hog the blankets - mine, all mine!!
- being able to do whatever I want, whenever I want
- not having to answer to anyone or worry about their opinion (that said - never again will I ever let someone dictate the length of my hair based on their preference - I'll cut it off if I damn well want to!!)
- not having to shave my legs every day if I don't want to
- being able to have lazy days at home in track pants and not worrying about turning anyone off (not that that bothers you after a few months anyway....)
- being able to perv on boys, and flirt if the opportunity arises, without pissing anyone off

But then, there's so many things I miss. Aside from the obvious physical aspect likes hugs and kisses, and whatever rhymes with 'hug me', there are the other bits I miss too. The main one lately that's been bugging me is having someone to do stuff with. There's a few gigs coming up that none of my friends want to go to, because the gig/genre is not their scene or whatever, and I just wish I had a person to go to things with. I miss hearing about an event I want to go to and automatically knowing that I have a partner that will come along. I don't mind going to events on my own every so often, but otherwise my life just feels so freaking lonely. Its' dumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment