Saturday, October 4, 2014

I've been looking for a four leaf clover...

Well I have survived the first two weeks of the new job. I feel like I fit in well within the team, which was a big worry for me considering how convinced I am that nobody likes me. Everyone is lovely and easy to get along with, and so far it is pretty fun working with them. In a job so stressful and busy it is nice to work with great people.

The job itself is hard, and has been a lot of learning and thinking and it is tiring, but it is awesome to be back doing something I enjoy, despite how hard it is. I work long shifts, it is very physical, and you very often do not get a break or a chance to just stop and breathe, but it is worth it. I haven't been great with food habits for the last two weeks, while I try to get used to the new routine, but time to sort that out too. I have been wearing my FitBit and I am regularly doing at least 7000 steps a day, without any extra effort at all. A couple of days have been at the 10000 steps mark, so this will definitely help in the long term. I definitely do not miss sitting on my arse all day in an office job. I am shattered at the end of each day, but it helps me sleep well, and I feel like I am actually achieving something, and doing something worthwhile that I give a shit about, instead of the last couple of jobs that were fairly inconsequential.

I haven't had enough energy to do much else, or think about much else really. Focusing on proper nutrition will become important since I need to have the energy and well being to make it through each day. I will also join the workplace gym because the more I am moving, the more I want to move - which is a nice bonus :)

Also, this time next weekend I will be up in Auckland preparing to see Mr Justin Timberlake, which I am pretty damn excited about!

No comments:

Post a Comment