Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Watch the flames burn auburn on the mountain side

So I have (pretty much) committed myself to another 12 months in this city, and in this job.

I do hate my job. With the fire of a thousand suns. Or maybe not quite. I have worked in worse - supermarket checkout chick and telemarketer extraordinaire spring to mind as infinitely worse than the job I am in now. But still....

Jo has set me a goal of sticking it out for one more year. In that year, I will more time to work with her on goals, and by the end of the year I will be going to Canada for a month or so holiday to see polar bears and aurora borealis'.

We decided that in the list of things I want in life, this is the immediate one (or two) that I want the most. I want to get married and have kids and a house, and I want a job at a zoo, but this is the goal most in my control. And basically it just involves saving money, and this current job is better paid than vet nursing jobs (although if a vet nursing job comes up in this vicinity, I will probs still apply)

We will also work on my getting fitter and un-fatter (pretend it's a word and just roll with it), so that I will be able to get a job in a zoo (not because the whole industry is discriminatory, but it has only taken one zoo with that opinion to shatter my confidence).

The marriage and kids thing - technically I could have a kid now if I wanted, but I'm greedy and I want the whole package. And again with the shattered confidence that requires some building up to believe I can have that, and to attract the right partner to have said goals with.

So despite the horrid job, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Apparently there will also be adventures along the way. Such as a half marathon (walking I believe, but still not something this fat girl had considered any time soon). I'm also going to do the Tough Guy/Gal challenge in Palmy - on my birthday of all days. A 6km run through swap and mud and army obstacles. Sounds fun (what?).

2 comments:

  1. Go you on doing the obstacle course! Im too scared!
    What job are you doing? I thought you were back in PN doing vet stuff?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm scared too - but I do like playing in mud haha
      I'm at Massey in their contact centre. It pretty much sucks

      Delete