Sunday, January 19, 2014

Boy don't you turn into a sad ol' kid like me

I opened this up, and spent so long finding a lyric for the title, that now I might have forgotten what I was going to write in the first place.....

In the early hours of Saturday morning I met my dream man (pun intended). I remember he was tall, and possibly blond, but the main thing that stood out was a beautiful 2 door Impala wagon. Makes me wonder about my priorities. Or is it because good cars are easier to find than good men? I do also remember telling him that his car was pretty, and quickly replacing it with handsome to ease the disgruntled look on his face.

Dad and I are going to a hot rod thing in a couple of weeks. I've warned him to be on the look out for gorgeous Impala wagons that may be driven by tall good looking men. He may have just rolled his eyes at me.....

On Friday night we went to a Tami Neilson gig in Paekak (small town, concert held in a town church hall, BYO food and drink). It was amazing. She has the most clear voice, is pitch perfect, and gives me goosebumps every time I see/listen to her (about half a dozen gigs now). The show was with her parents who are over from Canada and they are just such an incredible family. I was in a bit of a grump pre-show due to being post-PMS-ing, and still angry at men, and feeling a bit left out in life in general. But music has such a wonderful impact and left me feeling much happier and positive over all for the rest of the weekend.

The rest of said weekend was dreaming about men in beautiful cars, cuddling Diesel, and catching up on watching online TV shows and movies. Nice and chilled and relaxed and nothing too strenuous.

My plan for this week - another 3km walk (then the following week will attempt the 7km), hit the gym at least once, get a few walks in out at the beach, and clean up my eating. My food habits have been shit so far this year, with a bit of a lack of vegetables. I like eating paleo but miss dairy products, so will aim for a more primal slant to things to allow for cheese and a bit of raw milk. I know that the first week will be hell - coming down off of sugar and carbs is not the most fun thing to do - but necessary.

After all that, I still don't remember the primary point for writing, but if it's important it's bound to come back to me at some point.....

No comments:

Post a Comment