Wednesday, May 1, 2013

I love to feel love but I can't stand the rejection

I realised this morning that by setting myself a goal of writing a little something every day, these are going to end up being somewhat boring posts. Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to do it. I'm just apologising in advance...

Last night I got to hang out with my extended family (on my Dad's side), along with my Dad. We had dinner and then went to a comedy show (Danny Bhoy - he is hilarious. And hot).

When I was growing up we spent less time with Dad's side of the family, and more time with Mum's. And now (thanks partly to the magic of Facebook), it's this side of the family I am closest to. It could also be because Mum is batshit crazy, and my Uncle, who we visited most often, crashed and burned and exited this world. I still talk to those cousins on FB, and see them every so often, but it's not as cosy. On the flip side, Dad's family is awesome, and his siblings themselves are still close (with the exception of everyone's least favourite), which helps knit it all together. My cousins are simply hilarious. They (the two families) are all so close that I sometimes feel a bit like the black sheep, or the outsider. But I am slowly overcoming this the more time we actually get to spend together.

2 comments:

  1. In no way at all Candi are you the black sheep, and definitely not an outsider, unless we form a stable and call ourselves the outsiders...but I'm going not going to be Scott Hall, cause, well, who would want to be him?

    It's family, and I wouldn't change anyone in our family for anything. Everybody is just as important as the last, and it just wouldn't be the same without Candice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha funny boy. Thank you muchly young grasshopper :)

      Delete