Sunday, April 6, 2014

Playing with the cat ain't no business for mice

What a crazy week it has been.

I've met a guy that I like. And I remembered how much I dislike being in like with guys. It messes with my head. I'm no good at playing the games that girls are supposed to play. Not when I was younger and not now. If I like someone, I'm no good at playing hard to get and not wearing my heart on my sleeve. I'm no good at sitting around waiting to be chased. Ain't nobody got time for that.

But it means that I'm constantly scared of scaring them off. I'm not super available, I don't text all the time. But nor am I busy "washing my hair" or not replying for hours. Ugh. I suck at being a girl.

Anyway. I like him. He gives the world's best cuddles. And is just lovely. Which means it is bound to turn to shit.

In other news - I had a battle with a giant spider, that I eventually won. I ran over, and killed a hare driving home from town last night. It was the first time I've hit a live animal, and if I had been in the car alone I would've pulled over and cried for half an hour. As it was, instead, I had a wee cry when I got home and had nightmares about it all night. It also turns out that it broke a bit of plastic paneling under my car. Stupid rabbit.

And our dog unexpectedly had puppies in the wee hours of last night. We adopted her just under 2 months ago. I knew she had been in heat just before we got her. We had planned on getting her speyed but hadn't gotten around it to it yet (it's a costly business, and she doesn't have exposure to male dogs at our place). She had put on a little bit of weight, and her nipples were bigger last week, but she hid her pregnancy very well. Cue 6 puppies today. Madness.


2 comments:

  1. Girls aren't "supposed to" play games, that never works out well. Practice feeling comfortable being yourself around him - if you act like someone else, like you think you /should/ act, it won't matter in the long run whether he likes the front you presented. Give him the chance to like you for you, because you're amazing.

    Are you still having counseling sessions with j?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I am just trying to be myself - affectionate and annoying and all haha.

    Thanks.

    Yeah I am still seeing Jo but shes been away for a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete