Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Sleep with my thoughts, dance with my views

The shock over the surprise arrival of puppies is over and is now becoming a bit exciting. They're so cute. They will be hard work for the next 8 weeks until they can go to new homes - but I miss animals and it will be a worthwhile challenge.

In other aspects of life:

- work is so boring and slow at the moment. But it means I can study for free which lessens the boredom. I think I'm going to do a human nutrition paper next semester for interest and for some real learning. I am doing a creative writing paper at the moment - hopefully that translates to more interesting blog posts eventually. If I write any interesting bits of work I will post them.

- exercise is going by the wayside - I was getting good with regularly walking Maia while Dad was away, but then she went and had puppies. They will keep me on my toes anyway..

- eating is on and off. I have a few really good days and then I crave a spicy chicken burger (damn you Wendy's). But overall it is better than it has been so I will accept the small wins. A couple of kgs down which helps.

Nothing much else to report on. My brother is apparently having a baby with his new girlfriend. Emphasis on the "girl" since she's only about 19 or 20, and he's almost 34. And he has two kids already - a 13yr old girl and a 16 year old boy. They found out about their new step-sibling via the girl's Facebook. My brother lacks both tact and class. It's advanced enough for her to announce it online, but apparently not enough for him to tell his Dad. Makes me so mad. He is so messed up, and if he just took advantage of the fact that me and dad are awesome, he would be so much better off. He's such a wanker. I was going to go down to see my niece and nephew over easter, and I'm not sure I can afford it - but maybe they, and my niece especially, could do with a distraction and some different company. I miss that kid - she is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment