Friday, March 15, 2013

It's too cold outside for angels to fly

I love Steve Kamb and his baby, Nerd Fitness.
Every time he writes an article, it speaks to me, or can be exactly what I needed that week. Sometimes, spookily so. Such as the time myself and a friend had been discussing bacon, and the next day, he wrote an article all about bacon.

This is today's one which, again, has come at the perfect time:
Relax!

And this lead to me reading some other linked articles (I do also do work while I'm in the office, but I'm sure improving myself is better all round for everyone.....), and this quote:

"Look at the changes you’re making to your diet as small steps on the path to a leveled up life.  You’re not depriving yourself of junk food because you want to suffer, but rather because you want a better life, a happier existence"

It's stuff that I do know intellectually, but sometimes it just requires that extra something to help it click in to place.

In other news, I dragged myself back to the gym yesterday for a Sh'Bam class. Mostly its just such a fun class, as well as getting very sweaty. And I ran into (not literally, I'm not quite that clumsy) a person that I lived with in the uni hostels in Auckland, who I haven't seen in about 11 years. And it was lovely to see her, and have a chat and hopefully catch up again (and if nothing else, a friendly face to see around the gym), but I was very conscious of the fact that she looks the same (and used to be a fitness model and has a fantastic body, and a killer booty!), and I have put on about 20 kilos or so since then. It was a bit depressing, and made me feel quite ashamed. And then of course, after I left the gym, I got McDonalds for dinner *facepalm*

But today is another day. Better choices are full steam ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment