Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Thrust the candle to the dark of your disease

I remember, when I broke up with my ex, that part of me was really pissed off that he didn't fight for me.
I mean, it's probably a very good indicator that breaking up was the best decision for both of us, but at the time it bugged me.

Makes perfect sense though considering that I don't seem to care enough to fight for me either.

I need to put myself first. I need to fight for myself because no one else will do it for me. For Happy to win more often than Misery. It makes me think of this:
An old Cherokee
Is teaching his grandson about life.

“A fight is going on inside me, ” he said to the boy,
“It is a terrible fight between two wolves,
One is evil – he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret,
Greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment,
Integrant, lies false pride, superiority, and ego, ”

He continued, “The other is good – he is joy, peace,
Love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence,
Empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith,
The same fight is going on inside you –
And inside every other person, too, ”

The grandson then asked his grandfather,
“Which wolf will win? ”

The old Cherokee simply replied,
“The one you feed”

1 comment: