Thursday, March 21, 2013

My heart is under arrest again but I'll break loose

Last night, I went and saw the latest Die Hard movie with my Dad. It wasn't great. Some might even call it awful. But I loved it. I loved the ridiculousness and the unrealistic action sequences, and the aging Bruce Willis. I just love that franchise and though this is by far the worst of the series, I still enjoyed it.

And there was a stand out character, played by Jai Courtenay. Mostly because, well, he's hot. And built, and buff and just drool-worthy.

There is a point to this, I swear.

It got me thinking. I have gone out with (and lusted after, drooled over, whatever you want to class it as) a few different types of guys. In fact, the guys Ive been with have been quite different from those I have dreamed of.

But the kind of guys I'm really attracted to are the built and buff guys, the Rocks of this world. That takes a high level of dedication, discipline and commitment to health and fitness. In order to be with, or even attract, that kind of guy, it would help to be at their level, or at least up near there somewhere. At the moment, I'm on the bottom rung, slowly trying to clamber my way up.

While I know I shouldn't have to lose weight to attract a guy or whatever, that I should just do it for myself, it's more about the mindset and actions than it is about weight. I am not attracted to guys with a similar physical appearance to me, who are lazy or unmotivated. And yet I want that hot guy to be attracted to me when I myself am that way? Not going to happen (I'm aware that my chances of Momoa ever knowing I'm alive, let alone being attracted, are very slim, but a girl can dream)

2 comments:

  1. My two cents worth- coming from a broken marriage in which the guy was smaller than me in all senses of the word to now being with the tradie who is a lot larger.

    I think there is some primitive desire in all females that seek out strong and buff guys. You want to be protected and looked after. I mean, we all could imagine Dwayne protecting us against a saber tooth tiger outside our cave, but could you imagine Joseph Gordon Levitt (Granted I wouldn't mind that either)?

    When I was with Ex, I always said to people "I am with him for his intelligence", but I tell you what, that got boring really quick, especially when you never agreed on the same point of view.

    When people asked me why I started dating the tradie there were generally two reasons (a lot more now after 18 months) "he makes me feel safe and protected" the other reason "he is quiet" LOL.

    Another thing- just because he is hot doesn't mean he is superficial. The tradie and I first fell for each other in 2008 (although nothing was said or mentioned- as I was a married woman), when I was 150kg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you seen JGL lately? Buff :)

      It does help that I'm short and so almost all guys are taller than me, but I still like really super tall guys. I like feeling little...

      Yeah - I've realised that I'm just not very interesting, more than unattractive. It would be nice to be the kind of girl that guys automatically look at but I wonder if that would get boring...

      I need to find hobbies and interests and stuff I guess.

      That kind of didn't make any sense, or relate much to your comment, just a brain dump :)

      Delete